Friday, July 31, 2009

THE BEGINNING....

Welcome to MyWireWorks Blog, which was created to share my thoughts and viewpoints on wire wrapped jewelry. Wirewrapping is one of the oldest techniques for making jewelry the old fashioned way, by hand. The wire is bent, looped and tucked thus using no heat or soldering, all hand and wrist manipulated.

I wirewrap most any kind stone. My wire sculpted jewelry pieces include opals, turquoise, pearls, malachite, lapis lazuli, onyx or man-made (also known as synthetic) gemstones. Each custom designed piece is unique in that, for me, I can rarely duplicate any of them exactly. Some of my pieces may also incorporate some beading aspects. It all comes down to what my mood was at the time of creating. I strive to create the most unique wire wrapped and sculpted jewelry pieces.

This style of jewelry making is also known as wire wrapped jewelry or simply wire jewelry. Because of the style I use, it is also referred to as sculpted wire jewelry. All work is made up with 14K gold-filled (also known as rolled gold) wire or sterling silver wire. The gemstones are man-made (or synthetic) but the rest of the stones are natural (from Mother Earth).

Please check out my jewelry pieces at
http://www.mywireworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker